It’s the first day of the month. And what better way to start December than with a new installment of Good Medicine, eh? Now, as a preface, if you’re looking for some holiday jams to deck the halls and trim the tree and get you through the next 4 weeks until Jesus’ birthday, this isn’t going to scratch that itch. Sorry about that. You should probably just go sit in the lobby at Macy’s and you’ll hear all the sleigh bells and reindeers you want.
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m no scrooge. I love Mariah Carey’s Christmas album as much as the next guy, but to be honest, Christmas music has about a 2 week shelf life before it starts to make my ears bleed. So en lieu of that, you won’t hear any Santa or Christmas Shoes references here, and hopefully this mix can get you through the whole winter. Or at least most of it. It’s a nice, chill mix with a pinch of melancholy – perfect for cold, early morning drives or chilly late nights. So grab a blanket and some cider, pray for a snow day, and enjoy.
And again, like a broken record, if you like what you hear, support these bands, buy their music, see them live, you get the idea. These are just the free samples. Now go buy the real thing, you freeloader.
1. White Winter Hymnal – Fleet Foxes
2. Sounds Like Hallelujah – The Head And The Heart
3. Deep Blue Sea – Grizzly Bear
4. These Are Dreams – The Verdict
5. Mushaboom – Feist
6. Next To Me – Sleeping At Last
7. World Spins Madly On – The Weepies
8. Monster Ballads – Josh Ritter
9. Bracket, WI – Bon Iver
10. Rise – Azure Ray
11. Heartbeats – José González
12. Hljomalind – Sigur Rós
13. Eve, The Apple of My Eye – Bell X1
14. For Today – Jessica Lea Mayfield
15. Poison & Wine – The Civil Wars
16. White As Snow – Jon Foreman
17. Icicles – Patty Griffin
18. An Awful Light – Austin Crane
19. Breathing – Liars Academy
20. We’ll See The Sun – Houses
* Original cover photo by Todd Klassy
*And if any of the bands on here don’t want their music on the mix, just let me know and I’ll remove it promptly. Thanks.