Some of the best memories of our lives are made after the sun goes down. Bright lights. Hot heat. For some unknown reason, the electricity of the summer night air tends to bring out the youthful idealist in us all. There’s adventures to be had. Trouble to be found. Love to discover. So grabs some new jams and hot beats, suck it up, and catch your second wind. These are new days to brave, and we can sleep when we’re dead.
1. Lost In My Bedroom – Sky Ferreira
2. The Drummer – Niki & The Dove
3. The Love Club – Lorde
4. Recover – CHVRCHES
5. The Fear – Marcapasos
6. Fineshrine – Purity Ring
7. All of the People – Panama Wedding
8. Overdose – Little Daylight
9. On Our Way – The Royal Concept
10. Escapee – Architecture in Helsinki
11. Friday Night – The Last Royals
12. Bloom – Gypsy & The Cat
13. Summerlong – Xylos
14. Closer Than This – St. Lucia
15. I Wanna Go – Summerheart
16. I Wish I Knew – Years & Years
17. Our Thing – Evan Voytas
18. Evil Coast – The Mary Onettes
19. Diamond – Lightning Dust
20. Hearts Like Ours – The Naked And Famous
Celebrate volume 20 with me and leave a comment letting me know where in the world you’re listening from.
Oh, you want more? Dive into the Good Medicine Archive (hint, hint: Vol. 2, Vol. 8 & Vol. 14 are the summer mixes from 2010, 2011, & 2012).
* If you like what you hear, you had better go support these bands. Buy their music, go see them live, send them a care package. Do something to let them know you like them.
** Original cover photo by Stephen Beadles.
***And if any of the bands on here don’t want their music on the mix, just let me know and I’ll remove it promptly. Thanks.