Ah yes. It’s that time of year again – when you get to download a mix of catchy, non-cheesy love jams, burn them to a CD, draw a big heart on it with Sharpie, give it to that special someone, and take all the credit. You’re welcome. No really, you should do that. I fully encourage it. My gift to you. Just don’t forget to make yourself a copy of this nice collection of toe-tapping, neo-nostalgic jams to put you in a good mood while we all shake off the winter sleep and get ready for the sun to come back out. So turn it up and feel the love.
1. Keep On Lovin’ You – TWIN
2. Thunder Clatter – Wild Cub
3. Don’t Save Me – Haim
4. Lover’s Game – Geographer
5. Everything Is Embarrassing – Sky Ferreira
6. I Belong In Your Arms – Chairlift
7. Kelly – When The Saints Go Machine
8. Weekend – Class Actress
9. Softkiss – Lemonade
10. All Eyes On You – St. Lucia
11. Tangier Winds – Southern Shores
12. I Was A Fool – Tegan and Sara
13. Young Blood – Birdy
14. Love Out of Lust – Lykke Li
15. & It Was U – How To Dress Well
16. Rescue Song (RAC Remix) – Mr. Little Jeans
17. Sweater Weather – The Neighbourhood
18. Teflon Heart – Caged Animals
19. True Affection – The Blow
20. How Will I Know – POP ETC
And the only thing I want for Valentine’s Day from you is to leave a comment and let me know what part of the world you’re listening from. It’s always awesome seeing the reach good music can have.
Oh, you want more? Dive into the Good Medicine Archive (hint, hint: Vol. 5 & Vol. 11 are the love song mixes from 2010 and 2011).
* If you like what you hear, you had better go support these bands. It’s almost Valentine’s Day – show them some love you heartless jerk.
** Original cover photo by Laura Withrow.
***And if any of the bands on here don’t want their music on the mix, just let me know and I’ll remove it promptly. Thanks.