Being that I like to release the new Good Medicine mix on the first Friday of every other month, I’m a few days late on this one – but the silver lining is that I’m a few days closer to Valentine’s Day, so now you have a little something-something you can give that special someone. You can even draw a big heart on the CD and say it was from you. You’re welcome. And being that February is kind of an odd month seasonally-speaking (it’s been anywhere between mid-30’s to upper-60’s here in the Carolinas and this month is only a week old… what the heck), it’s a little hard to nail down from that perspective, so I like to make a nice collection of non-cheesy love jams that don’t involve the words ‘silky,’ ‘smooth,’ or a trashy saxophone solo. You’re welcome again. Now turn it up and feel the love.
1. Tongue Tied – Grouplove
2. Saw You First – Givers
3. Unglued – Jupiter One
4. Bienvenue – Class Actress
5. I’m His Girl – Friends
6. Baby Says – The Kills
7. Heart to Tell – The Love Language
8. If You Wanna – The Vaccines
9. Lights Out, Words Gone – Bombay Bicycle Club
10. Kiss Me – Ed Sheeran
11. Someone Out of Town – Yuna
12. Take Care – Florence + The Machine
13. Video Games – Lana Del Ray
14. I Get Nervous – Lower Dens
15. Young Blood – The Naked and Famous
16. Give A Little Love – Rilo Kiley
17. Nothing But Our Love – Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
18. Just Live Heaven – The Watson Twins
19. And If My Heart Should Somehow Stop – James Vincent McMarrow
20. Can’t Help Falling In Love – Ingrid Michaelson
And if you missed any of the first 10 Good Medicine mixes, get them now:
Good Medicine Vol. 1: Remember Me, Summer
Good Medicine Vol. 2: Summer Lights
Good Medicine Vol. 3: The Impossible Cool
Good Medicine Vol. 4: Hold Me Close, Keep Me Warm
Good Medicine Vol. 5: Quicken The Heart
Good Medicine Vol. 6: Hello Sunshine
Good Medicine Vol. 7: Go Outside
Good Medicine Vol. 8: Fight the Night
Good Medicine Vol. 9: These Golden Days
Good Medicine Vol. 10: A Kinder Grey
* If you like what you hear, you had better go support these bands. It’s almost Valentine’s Day – show them some love you heartless jerk.
** Original cover photo by Laura Withrow.
***And if any of the bands on here don’t want their music on the mix, just let me know and I’ll remove it promptly. Thanks.